Since my family don’t eat any kind of meat, I’m always on the hunt for new recipes to prepare. This version is easy and supersalutare that my girls wants at least once a week.
My girls love these burgers with avocado.
Servings x 4 :
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and diced)
- 1 pinch of cumin powder
- Half tsp of salt
- 1 generous pinch of black pepper (fresh ground)
- 420 gr of canned black beans drained and rinsed (personally I prefer to soak beans overnight in plenty of water in a large bowl and rinse well)
- 75 gr cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbs of fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbs of flour
- 4 round sandwiches
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low. Brown onion, garlic and cumin until soft and fragrant. Add salt, pepper, beans, rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
Add the cilantro and pass the mixture through a potato masher to give some compactness: hamburgers must have a certain consistency.
Let the mixture cool until you can handle. Form 4 patties mashed, toss them in the flour. At this point you can put the hamburger in fridge.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute the hamburger 1 minute per side. Serve in round sandwiches or as you prefer. We accompanied with homemade cornbread.